We will gladly redo an item for any reason you can think of. Whether it is for stain removal, pressing, or anything you’re not happy with, we will redo your item free of charge. In order for us to process a redo we require the original receipt attached to clothing bag and the item needs to be brought back within 48 hours of pick-up. If you are unable to bring the order back within 48 hours please call us and we will make arrangements to redo the item for you.
Back to Top
Per our policy, Gate City Cleaners is not responsible for items not claimed within 30 days from their due date. Gate City Cleaners will make every effort to contact you regarding your order before we will deem your order abandoned.
Our policy is as follows:
Please be sure to provide us accurate contact information.
- If you provided us an email, we will send you an email the day your order is ready.
- No pick-up 15 days after original due date: We will call the number you provided us. If we are unable to reach you we will leave you a voicemail (if possible) to remind you of your order.
- No pick-up 30 days after original due date: We will call the number you provided us. If we are unable to reach you we will leave you a voicemail (if possible) to remind you of your order. At this time we will also provide you with a final pick-up date that the order must be picked up by before it is deemed abandoned.
- If we are able to reach you and establish a date that you will be able to pick the order up, we will note this in our computer.
- No pick-up after agreed upon or given final date of pick-up: We will make one final attempt to reach you on the date arranged/given. If we are unable to reach you we will deem the order abandoned and it will be discarded.
- If we are unable to contact you regarding an order due to lack of accurate contact information, we will hold the order for 6 months for discarding it.
We will NOT notify you of a completed order by phone. If you wish to receive completed order notifications an email address must be provided.
We will only use your phone number to call you regarding an order late for pick-up or if there is an issue with your order.
Back to Top
We will always use the utmost of care when cleaning your garments. If in the event damage occurs to a garment, our policy is as follows:
Your satisfaction is our top priority and in the unfortunate event that your garment is damaged, we will always aim to resolve the issue to your satisfaction so we may continue a positive working relationship.
- Gate City Cleaners will perform a thorough in-house investigation to determine cause of the damage. If determined that we are at fault due to improper cleaning or mishandling of a garment, Gate City Cleaners will reimburse you for your garment in accordance with the International Fabricare Institute’s Fair Claims Guide. A copy may be viewed here:
IFI Fair Claimes Guide
- If deemed that the damage was caused due to prior or unknown conditions of the garment when it was brought in, Gate City Cleaners will refund the cost of the cleaning as a courtesy to our customer. For complete details of prior conditions that are not covered by our policy please view our Customer Release of Liability.
- If deemed that damage was caused due to a manufacturer defect, Gate City Cleaners will exhaust every resource available to us to assist you in reaching the manufacturer and resolving the issue with them.
- In the event of a dispute over fault, Gate City Cleaners will offer as a resolution to send the garment to a professional textile testing lab, independent of Gate City Cleaners, that will test the garment to establish what caused the damage or if the garment is listed with a manufacturer defect. Information about the lab may be found here: DLI Textile Testing Lab
Back to Top
GENERL RELEASE: We always use the utmost care in cleaning your garments and household goods, but due to variations in materials, fabrics and any dyes used, we require your authorization before we can proceed. We cannot guarantee against color loss or shrinkage; or damage to weak or tender fabrics. Any difference in count must be reported, and receipt presented, within 48 hours. Unless a list accompanied the bundle, our count must be accepted. The company’s liability with respect to any lost article shall not exceed 10 times our charge for processing it.
DRAPERIES, CURTAINS, BEDSPREADS, BLANKETS, & OTHER HOUSEHOLD ITEMS: Gate City Cleaners will be responsible for the cleaning of household items except for the following:
- Sun fading.
- Color loss due to NON-Fast dyes or colors that will not withstand the selected cleaning process or solvents.
- Holes or tears due to the degradation of the fabric while hanging or wear & tear.
- Shrinkage due to improper pre-shrinkage of manufacture.
- Inside batting or basting material could shift or move if manufacture did not properly stitch/sew the material.
- Border piping or fringe can tangle, get knotted, and pull away from the body of the item.
- ALTERATIONS: All alterations are done out of house. This means that all of our alterations prices are considered base prices and may increase or decrease depending on the mending process.
- RELEASE ON LEATHER, SUEDE, FUR, & OTHER ANIMAL HIDE ITEMS: Suede and Leather garments being made of animal skins sometimes have inherent defects that may not be apparent before cleaning. Some skins may have weak or thin areas that can chafe during processing. Prior exposure to heat and moisture can make skins tender, stiff, or brittle. Fading may not be totally corrected by dyeing. Some stains may not be removable. Color uniformity cannot be assured if skins were not originally matched evenly. Also if skins were overstretched in making the garment they may shrink if cleaning. All costs are base prices and may increase depending on cleaning process.
- BEADS, SEQUINS, BUTTONS, TRIMMINGS, BUCKLES, BELTS, LACE, and DOUBLE FACED FABRICS: There is not any absolute way of knowing how the above items will react to the cleaning process, therefore, Gate City Cleaners will not be held responsible for any damage that may occur during the processing of garments.
- SPOTS: Gate City Cleaners cannot be held responsible in their attempts to remove spots and stains from garments that have been requested to be worked on. Any attempts to remove the spots and stains could result in damage to the fabric and/or color; also, not every stain will come out regardless of Gate City Cleaners’ attempts.
- WETCLEANING: There are some instances in which certain stains or general soils are not completely soluble in dry cleaning; therefore, WETCLEANING may be necessary. During this process precaution is used to prevent shrinkage, loss of color, and fabric distortion. Because of the possible risks involved Gate City Cleaners requires your permission and release of responsibility.
- DAMAGED or MISSING CARE LABELS: Gate City Cleaners uses the utmost care will all garments but cannot be held liable for the cleaning of any garments with missing or damaged care labels.
- I have read the foregoing and agree that, although Gate City Cleaners or their Sub-Contractor will use the utmost care with my items, I release them from responsibility for any of the above conditions.
Back to Top